Are you a self-starter with proven experience consulting as a Project Manager? Are you eager to lead and manage projects utilizing industry best practices? Our client at Microsoft is seeking a Project Manager to oversee, develop, and maintain project schedules and project plans. In this role, you will use your skills to prepare and present progress updates to appropriate management channels on a regular basis, ensuring that innovation is being achieved.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities commonly performed by the Cloud Advocate Project Manager are shown in the job description example below:
- Support projects from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, budget estimations, and project implementation plans, including risk mitigation
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets, in collaboration with project staff from various functional departments
- Analyze project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with appropriate client stakeholders, providing day-to-day contact on project status and changes
- Work with organization’s teams to execute content focused projects, including blog publishing, blog calendars, marketing campaign series, publication of videos, conference days, etc.
- Build and develop workback schedules for marketing campaigns, track progress with the project team and report results to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and motivation
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors, gather and support through completion
- Work with program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders
The consultant should have the following skills, tools knowledge, education, and experience:
- 5 + years project management experience
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience successfully executing midsize projects
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines
- Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Experience working with large enterprise organizations
- Builds meaningful relationships
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Always learning and curious about the business
- Has great energy and enthusiasm for the work
From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of marketing, communications, and business operations experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
Equal opportunity employer
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays