We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and organizational support to senior leaders. You will be responsible for skillfully interacting with management within and outside of the company, comfortably communicating with team members across the company, partners and flawlessly handling confidential and critical details.
Location: Hybrid Role - Redmond, WA
Dates: June 15– June 30, 2023
Hours: Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Full support of two (2) Senior Leaders of the North America Leadership Team
- Occasional support to their Directors to support customer engagements
- Manage meetings (e.g. set agendas, prepare presentations, document meeting minutes and manage action items)
- Plan, organize and manage multiple calendars (resolve overlapping commitments and protect time for priorities)
- Coordinate all travel arrangements
- Manage Customer Contact database and establish rapport with Executive Assistants of Key Partner Executives
- Manage logistics, collaborate with cross-functional partners and formalize event content for special and large-scale events
- Manage and reconcile expense reports, purchase and procurement requisitions and contracts
- Work with cross-functional partners on budget tracking and communicate financial constraints
- Lead large-scale special projects, as agreed with manager(s)
- Maintain email distribution lists / aliases and Microsoft Teams groups
- Develop and maintain administrative processes that reduce redundancy and improve accuracy, while achieving organizational objectives
- Maintain an advanced degree of confidentiality along with excellent judgement, discretion and a high degree of maturity/professionalism
- Apply judgment with full understanding of urgency and priorities of the business, routinely needing to multi-task with little to no direction
- 5+ years of experience working at a senior and/or executive administrative level with at least 3 years at supporting the director+ experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Experience with project and budget management
- Experience supporting multiple leaders of large teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and cloud-based applications (SharePoint)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to professionally interact with senior leaders and anticipate their needs.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines, even if ambiguous environments
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and a willingness to take on additional project work
- Adapts to changes quickly and can learn adopt new technologies and be flexible with new systems, tools and processes
- Demonstrates ability to be proactive, take initiative, exercise good judgment, discretion and confidentiality in all tasks
From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of marketing, communications, and business operations experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
Equal opportunity employer
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays