You are a seasoned writer, editor, and strategist who knows how to captivate an audience. You possess excellent written and verbal communication, experience working with executives, strong industry background, and great partnership skills. With a successful track record of leading and collaborating across organizations, you deliver high impact executive communications.
You demonstrate leadership ability under tight deadlines, deliver results, and explain how those results were achieved. As a self-starter, you are comfortable working independently. As an effective leader, your influence and impact enable the success of executive communication initiatives.
Employment Type: Contract
- Interact with and influence executives and provide advice that reflects an understanding of their business, and leadership/communication style.
- Build and deliver communications plans that integrate into the wider brand communications strategy. Take ownership of tactics and outcomes and measure their impact.
- Develop, write, and edit communications for executives, including emails and presentations.
- Create and manage channels to help executives effectively reach their audience, share information, and listen to feedback.
- Manage internal communications aspects of project plans to ensure internal audiences receive clear communications during times of uncertainty and change.
- 7+ years practical executive communications experience
- Proven communication skills, capable of providing advice, asking good questions, recommending alternatives, and clearly explaining pros and cons.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex priorities efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to gain consensus through influence and pivot when necessary; good listening skills and persuasive communication skills.
- Collaboration and integration skills at all levels of the organization, in a highly matrixed environment.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies using data as a success metric.
- Exceptional leadership and commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Strong listening and persuasive communication skills; able to gain consensus through influence and be able to pivot when warranted.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism OR equivalent experience.
From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of project and program management, business operations, and communications experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.