The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven copywriter and editor—with a knack for content strategy—who’s familiar with or curious about cloud computing and technology. This person will also be a resourceful and versatile writer with a passion for developing a thoughtful customer journey across web and email, and will have strong cross-team collaboration skills.
- Your primary job is to write, rewrite, and edit copy across the cloud portfolio. You’ll also contribute to email, digital ads, and other marketing collateral to support global campaigns.
- You’ll research SEO keywords and weave them into page copy, improve page metadata, and look for opportunities to create new content pages that capture organic traffic.
- You’ll test and optimize content. Brainstorm testable hypotheses across web and email content, write copy for experimentation initiatives, and apply the lessons learned.
- Experienced writer. You’ve done it all—business to consumer, ads to web copy—and have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style and when to stick to facts.
- Eye for strategy. You’re a writer, but you’re obsessed with a coherent and engaging customer journey. You examine the strategy behind every piece you write and collaborate with your content marketing stakeholders to make it better.
- Brand and voice expert. You can quickly adapt to a new brand voice and nail it with each word choice you make.
- Audience obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. Your copy respects their time and intelligence, but never assumes that readers inherently know or care about the topic.
- Style vanguard. You’re serious about upholding style rules and offended by typos, and you instantly know how to make a bad draft better.
- Natural collaborator. You communicate succinctly and professionally and know how to take and apply feedback.
- You make even the most boring, technical concepts compelling and understandable.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And, you always challenge your assumptions and support your word choices through research and testing.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) experience.
- 5-7+ years’ experience writing marketing copy for digital experiences.
- Creative thinker
- Leadership skills
- Great communication skills
- Results driven
- Ability to work independently
- Builds meaningful relationships
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Always learning and curious about the business
- Has great energy and enthusiasm for the work
From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of marketing, communications, and business operations experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
Equal opportunity employer
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays