The ideal candidate is a creative, data-driven editor who’s familiar with technology topics such as cloud computing, business and productivity applications, and security. They would also be a resourceful and versatile content expert with a passion for the web. Strong cross-team collaboration skills and experience with executive-level reviews are a must.
- Your primary job is to edit copy about Microsoft Cloud products and services, including for web sites, email, digital ads, video scripts, and other marketing collateral.
- You’ll also help support SEO efforts to boost search rankings and increase site engagement.
- Exceptional editor. You’ve done it all—B2B, B2C, web, email, ad, and event copy—and you have the portfolio to prove it. Your sentences are squeaky clean, compelling, and conversational. You know when jargon is useful and when it gets in the way, when to add a dash of style, and when to just stick to facts.
- You’re nitpicky about style rules and offended by typos, and you can quickly puzzle out how to make a bad draft better. You have a sixth sense for when to look something up.
- Brand and voice lover. You learn and live the Microsoft brand voice—how we speak to customers—and can nail that voice with each word choice you make.
- Audience obsessed. You’re laser-focused on your audience and their needs and interests. You ensure the copy always prioritizes the customer experience.
- Experience working with technical subject matter and subject matter experts.
- You can make even the most boring, technical concepts understandable and even compelling.
- Fact-based, data-driven. You persuade with facts, not fluff. And always challenge your assumptions and word choices using surveys, A/B tests, and other tools.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) familiarity.
- A degree in English (composition or literature), communications, or marketing preferred.
- 5–7+ years' experience editing marketing copy; digital experience required.
- Excellent communication
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Builds meaningful relationships
- Innovative problem solving
- Always learning and curious about the business
- Has great energy and enthusiasm for the work
From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of marketing, communications, and business operations experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
Equal opportunity employer
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays