From strategy to execution, Simplicity Consulting is the preferred marketing and business consultancy for the new world of work. We help companies accelerate growth, add a fresh perspective, and increase capacity—at the speed of business—with access to our curated community of project and program management, business operations, and communications experts.
Simplicity is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America and has been recognized as one of Washington’s largest women-owned companies by Puget Sound Business Journal. Female-founded and -run, we’re committed to helping everyone thrive in today’s workplace.
We have an open position for a UX Researcher. As a motivated, creative UX researcher, you are passionate about understanding customers. This person will work closely with multiple disciplines to deliver the next generation of experiences for a large regional enterprise technology company software program. They should have experience with a broad array of research methods and activities. As the product team creates new features, they’ll help them make decisions based on data and user perspectives.
Dates: ASAP thru 6/30/22 with extension to full 18 months
Full/Part-Time: Full Time
Location: Hybrid – Remote/On-site; Redmond – flexible in scheduling on-site hours
- Develop and implement regular cadence of usability studies using strong research skills and toolkit of research practices and methods
- Deliver meaningful insights for a specific product and how those insights can apply to other contexts
- Detail-oriented and thorough, while remaining flexible enough to work within time and product constraints
- Be a customer advocate in the development process and able to prove how good user experience leads to business value
Key Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research, preferably in the technology industry
- A record of having an impact on products with research activities
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies (usability studies, interviews, surveys, card sorting, etc.)
- Experience generating multi-quarter research plans
- Ability to define and track user experience metrics
- Coordinating work on multiple products/releases
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a complex product space with ambiguous challenges
- Ability to effectively communicate rich customer data and articulate the implications of research findings in clear and compelling ways
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within tight timelines and with excellent project management skills
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks independently
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity, as well as proven research experience, rationale for methodologies chosen, and communication skills.
- Health: Medical (HSA or PPO) and Vision
- Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Disability, Life, and AD&D
- 401K with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Simplicity is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and supportive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.